15. Februar 2011 In Archiv
Results of the last FE Meeting
The monthly Functional Executive Meeting of AIM. Ghana was organised on last Thursday. These are some of the points which have been discussed;
- Meetings with Landlord of AIM. office (Already 9 months ago, we paid a rent advance for 3 office rooms, in which we could never move it. In January we wrote a letter to the landlord to refund this money.) – On the following friday we received our rent advance back. Great!
- Lily, David and Asempa were selected to participaed at the annual FID seminar which trains supporters of volunteers in West-Africa. Unfortunately David and Asempa hat to step down because of the responsibilty within the schools they are teaching. Probably Francis and Ato will join Lily to go to the seminar.
- A committee to optimise the concept of the AIM. training centre was established. Solomon, volunteer Marc, Jörn and the four elected Assemblymen for Komenda will have their first meeting on 19th of February.
- In order to improve the work of the AIM. Youth Club the cooperation with the public Junior High Schools in Komenda should be strengthened. One option is to establish school youth clubs, whereby the offer of some leisure time activities at the main Komenda Youth Club should be maintained.
- Kojo jnr. presented his ideas for raising funds for AIM. Ghana. Within the next two week the ideas should be developed further to allow Kojo to start his activities. Aim is to find funding possibilities within Ghana to support the work of AIM.